Friday, November 5, 2010

Waiting for 'Dad'

At 4:45 every day my dog gets up from wherever she is lying, and usually sleeping, and wanders into the front room. She stretches and lifts her front paws onto a box that looks out the front window. She stares out for a few minutes and then lifts her back legs and sits on the top of the box. She watches closely at each person that walks past the house on the front sidewalk. Any tall, lanky figure results in a slight tail wag until they've passed the house.

At about 5:05 each day my husband makes his way home from work. As soon as my dog realizes it is definitely him, and not an imposter with a similar build, she jumps off the box, sprints to find me and starts jumping on me until my husband comes through the door. She then bolts and attacks him.

Every day, nearly to the minute, she does the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment