Thursday, November 11, 2010

Limping

My dog has hurt herself on occasion, as all dogs do. Never anything serious, just some minor scratches when she's run through the brush, or a bit of a limp when she's gone full speed into the water on slippery rocks. I like to think she's a pretty tough dog as not a whole lot seems to bother her physically. But then there are the moments where I can't believe my dog.

Sometimes when I'm out walking her everything seems to be fine. She's trotting along happy as can be. Suddenly she'll start limping. Not a little limp that happens after she sometimes hurts herself as mentioned above, but a full on 'I think my leg is broken' limp. I'll wonder what happened and be immediately concerned, even though she has done this to me many times. I'll look back to see if she hit something or landed in a whole that twisted her leg, or what the possible problem could be. And then I'll check her. My dog, my fairly tough dog, will have an exaggerated limp because she has something like a leaf hanging off of her. I will pull it off and low and behold, my dog is fixed and back trotting happily along. She gets me every time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice site, I'm now following you I love animals. I had a cat last year but she got hit with a car. You can return the favor and follow my blog www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com
    I'm passionate about my hair like your passionate about your dog. My blog has information about music, style, healthy living and more to come.

    Natural Joyanne

    ReplyDelete