Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowballs

My dog is very furry. She has long hair, and a lot of it. She also loves the snow. This usually results in her being covered in snowballs that often take a painfully long time to melt, or pick out, after a walk or stroll outside. Even just letting her out to circle the backyard results in a significant amount of time trying to dry her off before she comes in.

Today I decided to lock her in the front room with a cookie and let the snowballs just melt on their own. I would then go in to dry her off once the snowballs were all gone; figuring that this would be significantly less work for me. The drawback is the sad and dejected look my dog has when I look through the glass door at her lying on the other side. She looks worried that she's done something wrong and I have to walk away to feel less guilty.

About 20 minutes after we arrived home and I locked my dog in the front room, I decided to look to see what the snowball status was. I was then surprised to see my dog curled up into a tiny ball on top of a chair. Under her, and on top of the chair, lay the inside of my winter jacket. My dog was so cozy that she did not even make a move when I opened the door and told her to come inside. I could see that the snowballs were gone, and my jacket was now soaking wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment