Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drive Thru Cookies

A number of fast food restaurants will offer a cookie to my dog if she is sitting in the backseat when we go through the drive thru. My dog loves cookies, as most do, and in pretty much any other circumstance she will grab the cookie as fast as she can and munch down on it. But not the drive thru cookies. The man or woman (or pimply teenage kid) will hand me a cookie enthusiastically and wait for me to give it to my dog. The problem is, she will never take the drive thru cookie. She'll sometimes sniff it briefly, but she will always turn her head away and snub the cookie. I'll look pleadingly at her and try to force her to take the cookie but she never will. I'll look back and shrug to the disappointed looking worker and feel a little embarrassed. Now I say 'thanks' to the worker and lay the cookie beside me to avoid the whole process- but if the worker is just standing there watching I'll usually attempt once again- but it's always the same result.

The worst part of all is as soon as I pull back onto the street, my dog searches for the cookie that has usually been dropped beside her and eats it as quickly as she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment